M10, Socket Set Screw/ Grub, Cup (14.9).
M8, Socket Set Screw/ Grub Screw, Cup Point, High Tensile (14.9).
Fixaball.co.uk sells all lengths of M8 (14.9), plain cup point grub screws, at the best internet prices, with free, first class post.
Orders placed before 2pm are usually dispatched same day (Mon-Fri).
Please make your size and pack quantity selection from the drop down menus.
Set Screw Description
A set screw is a type of screw generally used to secure an object within or against another object, normally not using a nut. The most common examples are securing a pulley or gear to a shaft. Set screws are usually headless (also called blind), meaning that the screw is fully threaded and has no head projecting past the major diameter of the screw thread. If a set screw has a head, the thread will extend all the way to the head (whereas a bolt might have an unthreaded shank between the head and thread). A grub screw (blind set screw), is almost always driven with an internal-wrenching drive, such as a hex socket (Allen), star (Torx), square socket (Robertson), or slot. The set screw passes through a threaded hole in the outer object and is tightened against the inner object to prevent it from moving relative to the outer object. It exerts compressional or clamping force through the bottom tip that projects through the hole.
Examples of Points available
- Cone Point, Pointed end, this type of point generates the highest torsional holding power and is typically used for a permanent connection.
- Cup Point, Hollowed end, is the most commonly used point style. Used when the digging in of the point is not undesirable, leaves a ring mark.
- Dog Point, Flat end with the threads stopping short of the end with the end fitting into a locating hole.
- Flat Point, Cause little damage to the shaft and are used when frequent adjustment is required.
- Knurled Up Point, Knurled cup point is a cup point with knurls' cut in the outside of the cup for improved locking.
- Oval Point, Rounded end that is typically used when frequent adjustment is required. The oval end reduces indentation damage.
- Thrust Point, Thrust point is a rounded point allows movement at the base of the set screw.
- Tip, Tips at the end of the set screw are in various materials and are designed to reduce damage.
- Plunger Point, Set screw containing a spring and ball bearing
- High Tensile, Self-Colour
- High Tensile, Zinc
- A2 Stainless Steel
Allen Key Sizes
M2 x 0.4mm pitch; allen key size 0.9mm.
M2.5 x 0.45mm pitch; allen key size 1.3mm.
M3 x 0.5mm pitch; allen key size 1.5mm.
M4 x 0.7mm pitch; allen key size 2mm.
M5 x 0.8mm pitch; allen key size 2.5mm.
M6 x 1.0mm pitch; allen key size 3mm.
M8 x 1.25mm pitch; allen key size 4mm.
M10 x 1.5mm pitch; allen key size 5mm.
Image is for illustrative purposes only.
Please choose from the following for technical and/ or sales enquiries.
- Fill out the website enquiry form
- Click on the CHAT icon on the website
- Call: 01242 522244
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org