BSW-Whitworth, Hex-Bolt/ Hex-Set (R), Self-Colour/ Zinc.
BSW-Whitworth, Bolts/ Set Screws, Hex Head, High Tensile (R), Self-Colour and Zinc.
Fixaball.co.uk sells a great range of rare Whitworth Hex-Bolts and Sets, at the best internet prices, with free, first class delivery.
Orders placed before 2pm are usually dispatched same day (Mon-Fri).
Bolt is the term used for a partially threaded fastener, with a head; designed to be used with a nut and washer. They come with the following formed heads:
Hex Head, Round Head, Cheese Head, Countersunk Head, Socket/ Allen Cap Head
They come in the following materials/ finishes (depending on availability):
High Tensile, Zinc Coated, Brass.
- Most of these BSW – Whitworth hex head bolts are, ‘rarer than chickens teeth,’ and cannot be replenished, hence, the astronomical prices.
- Some have a zinc finish and some don't (self-colour), depending on stock availability. Please see the drop down menu; they are self-colour (sc) unless otherwise stated.
Bolt vs Screw
A screw screws into something, a bolt joins several parts together, applying compression both sides of materials joined. A screw is fully threaded from underneath the head and a bolt is partially threaded (has a part-plain shank)
British Standard Whitworth (BSW) is a thread form developed by Sir Joseph Whitworth in 1841. The thread form has rounded roots and crests, a thread angle of 55 degrees; the thread form is specified in BS 84: 1956
Image is for illustrative purposes only.
Please choose from the following for technical and/ or sales enquiries.
- Fill out the website enquiry form
- Click on the CHAT icon on the website
- Call: 01242 522244
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org